The Mahomet Public Library is the place to be on Saturday, May 27 from 9am to 2pm!
We’re kicking off summer with a party at the Library including:
- “I Spy” walk from Lake of the Woods to the Library
- Carnival Games
- Balloon animals, face painting, and temporary tattoos
- Free hot dogs and chips (starting at 11am until we run out of food)
- Ice Daddy shaved ice (available for purchase)
- Summer reading sign up table
The “I Spy” Walk
You won’t want to miss out on our “I Spy” walk from Lake of the Woods to the Library. All ages are welcome!
- FIVE STOPS with special displays! Kids who collect stickers from the red buckets at all 5 stops will get a free book at the end. Grownups will get a free coupon for our Keurig station.
- An I Spy hunt all along the route, with plenty of items, some big and some small, to find! This year’s walk will feature fairies, cats, and hearts, plus many unique items. We’ll give you a scoresheet to keep track of what you find.
We’ll step off at the playground near the bell tower at Lake of the Woods Forest Preserve and we’ll follow the bike path to the Library. At the end of the trail, you’ll find the rest of the summer party fun!
We encourage people to park at the Library and take the provided shuttle to the starting line.
- It’s a 2-mile route following the bike path the entire way, and stroller friendly!
- All hidden items will be located close to the trail in grassy areas. You will not need to venture into the woods or nearby yards.
- The bike path runs close to Lake of the Woods Road for a while. Please make sure you have enough adults in your party to supervise young children for these stretches along the road. The route also crosses a few intersections.
- We are offering free shuttle service 9am-1:30pm from the library to the start of the walk.
This fundraising event supports your community through the Rotary Club of Mahomet and the Friends of the Mahomet Public Library.
Proudly sponsored by: