Friends of the Mahomet Public Library (FMPL) is a volunteer organization whose purpose is to provide financial and other support for programs, collections, and the public use of the Mahomet Public Library.
FY 22-23 Friends Officers and Board Members
President – Megan Olavarria
Vice President – Kim Rice
Secretary – Barbara Levine
Treasurer – Barbara Dalheim
Board Members – Kathi Brady, Charmaine Baldazzi, Lisa Wolf, Mary Ann Matthews
What We Do
FMPL supports the Library by:
- Funding eBooks through the Library’s Libby App.
- Supporting library services, including the Summer Reading Program and Birthday Books for children through the Firm Foundations program.
- Organizing and funding a Library Worker Appreciation Day every April during National Library Week.
- Donating equipment, including new book carts, and a portion of the Storywalk at the Lake of the Woods Forest Preserve.
- Volunteering at special Library events.
All funds raised by the Friends go toward supporting the Library. Fundraising efforts include:
- Membership fees,
- Used book sales 2-3 times per year,
- Used books sold at the Library year-round,
- General Donations, and
- The annual I Spy Summer Kickoff @ the Library, an event organized in cooperation with library staff and the Rotary Club of Mahomet which raises funds for all three organizations and provides the community a fun, free way to kick off the summer season, and
Friends of the Mahomet Public Library is a 501(c)3 Not for Profit Organization. Donations to FMPL are tax deductible as allowed by law.
Membership in Friends is only $5 per year per individual or $10 per family. You may also get a lifetime membership for $125. Benefits include early admission to book sales and the opportunity to participate in activities and meet other people who share your interest in the Library. To join, please fill out this application form and return it to the Mahomet Public Library.