Take courses online and learn at your own pace through Lynda.com from LinkedIn – FREE from anywhere with your Mahomet library card!
Wide-Ranging Topics. Choose from more than 5,000 video tutorials covering business, creative and technology topics.
- Cover the basics for software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint or Adobe Photoshop.
- Learn web design skills including web graphics, interactive design, or prototyping.
- Develop social media skills from the basics of Facebook and Instagram to creating a basic web page with Wordpress.
- Enhance your career skills with courses on productivity, marketing, time management, and resume design.
- Develop a new hobby or sideline career through courses on photography, sound engineering, or video production.
Expert instructors. Learn from industry leaders with real-world experience.
Convenient learning. Access courses on your schedule and from any desktop or mobile device.
Bite-size learning. All Lynda.com courses are broken into short videos, so you can focus on a key topic of interest. Microlearning, or watching small snippets of longer courses, helps you gain knowledge across numerous subjects. Dedicate 10 minutes each day to learning something new!
Helpful resources. Reinforce new knowledge with quizzes, exercise files and coding practice windows.
Getting Started with Lynda.com
Click here and log in with your library card number and PIN. (Contact the library if you don't know your PIN.) No library card? Come use Lynda in the library at our patron computers or through our public Wi-Fi!
Using the Lynda (LinkedIn Learning) App
You can use Lynda on your portable device through the free app.
- Download the Lynda-Online Training and Videos app from your device's app store.
- Open the app and tap Already a member?
- Choose Organization (instead of Individual) at the top of the login screen
- Scroll down to the Web Portal section, enter MahometPublicLibrary.org, and then tap Log in.
- Log in with your library card and PIN numbers.
Learning How to Use Lynda.com
The best way to learned Lynda is by using Lynda! Check out the course "How to Use Lynda.Com."